Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy 2015

I'm glad to see the new year roll in. 2014 was an eventful year to say the least.  I lost my wife to a stroke in March and lost my dad to a stroke 20 days later in April.  My daughter graduated from High school in May and began College at Nashville State in August.  My son started seventh grade.  I took a trip in July out west and am writing a book about the experience called "Healing Through Creation," which I hope to finish this year.  I left my teaching position in McEwen in July and started working at FBC Dickson in August.  I have written quite a few Praise and Worship songs that the choir and Praise Band will be presenting in the upcoming year.  Mom sold her place and moved to Tennessee to live with me in November. 

I look forward to what God has in store for me as I enter 2015.  I'm very excited about my writing, as this has been the most prolific period of my life thus far.  It is my prayer that God will use these songs to minister to our congregation at FBC and, perhaps, to other churches as well.

I'll try to be more faithful to this blog this year.  Thanks for taking time to read this.  

In Christ,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment