Monday, January 5, 2015

Great Day at FBC

I had a wonderful day today serving at FBC Dickson. I was able to complete the orchestrations for "Following Jesus", the song I wrote as an anthem for FBC. Our motto is: Following Jesus, loving like Jesus and telling the world about Him. The song will be featured in the upcoming women's conference this weekend and will be a part of our worship on Sunday morning. I also finished the song "Chasing the Wind" which I wrote for Pastor Mike's upcoming sermon series of the same name beginning in February. I am amazed at God's goodness. I feel so blessed to be a part of the team at FBC Dickson and look forward to what God has in store for us this year. I look forward to beginning our praise band rehearsals Wednesday night as we begin to prepare for the upcoming services. I also look forward to working with the ladies hand bell ensemble which will resume rehearsals next Monday.

I want to encourage the ladies of FBC to come to the Women's Conference this weekend. Go to our website www.fbcdickson.org for more information about the experience. Also, if you play a musical instrument, why not dust it off and join our praise band? We rehearse on Wednesday nights at 6:30 in the worship center. Email me at jmartinpiano@gmail.com for more information.

Also, don't forget about your commitments to Him this year. If you were at church on Sunday, you received a pink card in your bulletin. It was a commitment card reminding us of our responsibility to give like Jesus. It is important that we as believers give of our money, time and talents as we seek to serve our Lord and Savior in this upcoming year. We nearly met our 2014 budget. Let's strive to beat this year's budget with faithful giving to support the ministries here at FBC.

Have a great week.

In Christ,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment