Friday, January 31, 2014

Another week is in the books

I'm blogging from my office tonight at MHS. The band kids are slowly arriving for the pep band performance tonight at the McEwen vs. Houston County game. We've had four students selected for the APSU Honor Band, and six selected for the TTU Honor Band. These events will take place two weekends in late February. (TTU 13-15, and APSU 20-22)

Christine has been moved from room 103 to room 106, a private room at NHC. She sounded good when I talked to her on the phone a few minutes ago. She's been having trouble with vertigo. We think it has something to do with her low blood count. They were working with her as we spoke on the phone. Hopefully she will undergo a rapid rehabilitation and return home ASAP. Daddy and Millie miss her.

I am one week into the wheat belly diet. I've had zero wheat period. No bread, or anything made with flour. It's been tough but I feel great. I'll weigh tonight when I get home from the game to see how I'm progressing. I'm thinking about making a trip to Whole Foods in Nashville to check out their Wheat Free options. I've eaten Tilapia and Chicken, veggies and fruit. I need more ideas. Like...wheat free pizza...stuff like that.

It looks like it may be snowy next week. I've heard it all before, but they are predicting a snowy start to February. We shall see. The teacher in me is just one big kid.

Stay safe,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment